Key features include:
- Hi-tensile steel frame
- Hi-tensile steel straight blade fork
- Shimano 14 speed gear system
- Shimano SL-A050 handlebar mounted gear selectors
- Shimano 7 speed 14-28T freewheel
- KMC chain for reliability
- Double 34/50T chainset
- 170mm crank arms
- Road pedals with toe clips and straps
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Alloy single pivot caliper brakes
- Double wall alloy rims with CNC braking surfaces
- Quick release front wheel
- 700c x 28c tyres
- 420mm wide handlebars with 100mm extension & 138mm drop
- Alloy A-head handlebar stem with 70mm extension
- Anatomic road saddle
- Alloy micro-adjust 25.4mm x 300mm seat post
- Weight: 14.3kg
Looking for a robust road bike, but dont fancy parting with an eye watering amount of money?
Want a solid workhorse thatll last the test of time, and not need treating with the delicate touch of a carbon fibre bike? Then the British Eagle Onyx may just be the bike for you.
It may not be the lightest bike, but built using a quality steel frame and fork, its certainly ready to take on rougher roads, pot holes and daily commute.
Shimano 14 speed gears, compact chainset, slightly broader 28c road tyres and double wall rims make the Onyx the ideal companion for getting you from A to B quickly.
Free delivery on the British Eagle Onyx road bike to most of the UK.