Key features include:
- Reynolds 531 triple triangle frame with gusseted down tube
- Chromoly unicrown fork with mudguard bosses
- Shimano Alivio 27 speed gear system
- Shimano EZ Fire gear selectors
- Shimano 9 speed cassette
- KMC HV-410 150 link & KMC Z-72 108 link chains
- Front chainset: Prowheel 42T single with chainring chainguard
- Rear chainset: Prowheel 24/34T/42T triple
- 170mm alloy crank arms
- Alloy platform pedals with integrated reflectors
- Eccentric sealed FSA bottom bracket for correct chain tension
- Shimano BRT-4000 alloy V brakes
- Shimano alloy brake levers with reach adjust
- Simmonsohn alloy double wall rims with CNC braking surfaces
- KT alloy quick release hubs
- Stainless steel black spokes with 13G brass nipples
- Schwalbe Marathon 700c x 38c tyres with puncture protection
- Front handlebar: Zoom alloy o/size 640mm wide, 6° back sweep
- Rear handlebar: Zoom alloy 640mm wide, 10° back sweep
- Front handlebar stem: Zoom alloy oversize 90mm length
- Rear handlebar stem: Zoom alloy with adjustable length
- FSA A-head type full bearing with 3 alloy headset spacers
- Gel comfort ergonomic lock-on 120mm wide grips
- Zoom alloy micro-adjust seat posts (300mm front, 350mm rear)
- Front saddle: Selle Royale Look gents
- Rear saddle: Selle Royale Look ladies
- Weight: 20.4kg
Frame size options: 15" rear (19" front) or 17" rear (21" front)
Built around a classic Reynolds 531 tubing frame, the Bergen is the flagship tandem in the Simmonsohn Touring Series.
The upgraded 27 speed transmission system comprises of Shimano EZ Fire push button gear shifters with super precise Shimano derailleurs. The large range of gear ratios will help you cope if you are carrying a little extra weight.
Shimano alloy V brakes, coupled with Simmonsohn double wall rims and Schwalbe Marathon tyres, give excellent control on the road or tracks. Other features include smooth running FSA headset and bottom bracket bearings.
The Bergen also comes fully loaded with full length mudguards, 4 point fixing alloy pannier rack with luggage straps, and a low rider fork mounted carrier.
on the Simmonsohn Bergen tandem bike to most of the UK.