Key features include:
- Lightweight 6061 series alloy touring frame
- Chromoly fork blades
- Shimano Alivio 27 speed gear system
- Shimano Rapidfire gear selectors
- Shimano 11-32T cassette
- KMC HG-53 chain
- Shimano FC-M391 triple 26/36/48T chainset
- 170mm crank arms
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket
- Alex Ace 19 double wall alloy rims with CNC braking surfaces
- Schwalbe Silento II 700c x 32c tyres
- Quick release wheel hubs
- Shimano BR-M422 alloy V brakes
- Alloy butterfly handlebars
- Micro adjust suspension seat post
- Chromoplastic mudguards
- Adjustable alloy handlebar stem
- Alloy front & rear luggage carriers
- Weight: 14.3kg
The Dawes Karakum features a lightweight alloy frame and chromoly fork.
It's distinctive because of its butterfly handlebars, so it offers unrivaled comfort
with multi-riding positions on those long tours.
A roll call of quality components consist of Shimano Alivio 27 speed gears,
Shimano quick release wheel hubs, Shimano V-brakes, Schwalbe Silento II tyres
and an ultra comfy Dawes touring saddle with suspension seat post.
on the Dawes Karakum gents bike to most of the UK.