Key features include:
- Super lightweight triple butted 6061 alloy frame
- Lightweight cro-moly fork
- Single Speed 14T freewheel
- Academy 26T single chainset
- Fully enclosed chainguard
- Academy 102mm crank arms
- Academy 9/16" junior platform pedals
- Sealed cartridge bottom bracket with 119mm axle
- Tektro alloy mini V brakes
- Tektro junior specific alloy brake levers
- Alloy single wall wheel rims
- Alloy hubs with allen key wheel bolts
- Kenda 16" x 1.5" tyres
- Alloy 440mm BMX style handlebars
- Junior lightweight grips
- Alloy A-head 1 bolt infinite adjustable
- Dawes Academy junior saddle with cro-mo rails
- Alloy micro-adjust 25.4mm x 230mm seat post
- Weight: 6.3kg
- Suitable for children aged 4+
Dawes' range of Academy childrens bikes are something a bit special.
Built around a lightweight, triple butted frame, Dawes have carefully selected components that are perfectly in proportion with the intended rider for this 16" wheel, single speed machine.
Short 102mm crank arms, an easy to pedal 26T chainring and narrow handlebars are just the start. Dawes have also designed their own unique 43mm handlebar stem to minimise any chance of knee injury, as well as offering smooth, one-bolt height adjustment.
Attention to detail goes one step further with these bikes to ensure your child can get the maximum amount of fun from their bike.
on the Dawes Academy 16 red bike to most of the UK.